RECIPE: JERSEY ROYAL POTATO SALAD
- 50g cocoa powder
- 175g plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 200g caster sugar
- 250g cooked beetroot
- 3 medium eggs
- 200ml sunflower oil
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C, then grease and line the bottom of a 23cm springform cake tin. Sieve the cocoa, flour, baking powder and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Drain and halve the beetroot, then blend in a food processor. With the machine running, add the eggs one at a time, then pour in the oil. Blend the mixture until the liquid is just smooth.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix in the chocolate. Pour into the tin and cook for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes, then turn out and leave to cool. Dust the cake with icing sugar before serving.