What goes well with kohlrabi?
Kohlrabi goes well with a variety of ingredients, both sweet and savoury. Some popular options include:
- Meat: Kohlrabi pairs well with meats such as bacon, chicken, sausage, and pork.
- Herbs: Fresh herbs such as parsley, dill, mint, rosemary, thyme, and chives complement the nutty, buttery flavour of kohlrabi and add a bright, fresh flavour.
- Cheese: Kohlrabi can be paired with a variety of cheeses such as cheddar, gruyere, parmesan, and feta.
- Vegetables: Kohlrabi can be paired with other vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and beets.
- Grains: Kohlrabi pairs well with grains such as quinoa, barley, and farro.
- Citrus: Kohlrabi can be paired with citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons and limes, adding a nice acidity and freshness.
- Sauces: Kohlrabi can be paired with a variety of sauces such as balsamic vinaigrette, lemon dressing, pesto, and mustard sauce.
These are just a few examples of ingredients that pair well with kohlrabi. Experimenting with different flavour combinations can be a great way to discover new and exciting ways to enjoy this versatile vegetable.
When it's in season you can buy kohlrabi online with Fresh Farm Deliveries. We deliver to Halifax, Todmorden, Littleborough, Hebden Bridge, Haworth and surrounding areas (BD13-23, HX and OL14-15 postcodes).