What goes well with leeks?
Leeks have a mild and sweet onion-like flavour that pairs well with a variety of ingredients, both sweet and savoury. Some popular options include:
- Dairy: Leeks pair well with butter, cream, and cheese such as Gruyere, Cheddar, and blue cheese.
- Meat: Leeks pair well with meats such as bacon, ham, and sausage.
- Seafood: Leeks are a great addition to seafood dishes such as mussels, scallops, and salmon.
- Herbs: Fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, parsley, and chives complement the flavour of leeks.
- Vegetables: Leeks can be paired with other vegetables such as mushrooms, tomatoes, and bell peppers.
- Grains: Leeks pair well with grains such as quinoa, barley, and farro.
- Sauces: Leeks can be paired with a variety of sauces such as hollandaise, béarnaise, and balsamic vinaigrette.
These are just a few examples of ingredients that pair well with leeks. Experimenting with different flavour combinations can be a great way to discover new and exciting ways to enjoy this versatile vegetable.
When they're in season you can buy leeks online with Fresh Farm Deliveries. We deliver to Halifax, Todmorden, Littleborough, Hebden Bridge, Haworth and surrounding areas (BD13-23, HX and OL14-15 postcodes).